University of Wisconsin Law School
The University of Wisconsin Law School is the professional school for the study of law at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in Madison, Wisconsin. The law school was founded in 1868. The law school is situated on Bascom Hill, the center of the UW-Madison campus. In 1996, the law school completed a major renovation project that joined two previous buildings and created a four-story glass atrium. The renovation was recognized by the American Institute of Architects for its innovative design, incorporating modern design into the 150 years of architecture on historic Bascom Hill. In addition to lecture halls and smaller classrooms, the law school contains a fully-functional trial courtroom, appellate courtroom, and an extensive law library.